Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Halibut with Lemon & Capers



I must confess that I borrowed this picture of someone else's halibut, because we ate ours up so fast tonight and I was too hungry to search for my camera! (I promise to replace it with my own picture next time I make this recipe, which I hope will be soon. In all honesty, it looked even better:)

However, the fish turned out so great that I wanted to write down the recipe before I forgot what I did!

First I began with a thick piece (about 1/2 lb each person) of fresh halibut from Whole Foods. It is in season right now and the catch is so mild and fresh!

I sprinkled each side of the halibut with a light sprinkling of salt, pepper, and fresh grated lemon peel. Then I pan grilled (in a screamin' hot pan) the two pieces in about 2. T olive oil, 1 t. of butter and a couple of smashed garlic cloves.

After both sides had a nice golden caramel color, I poured in about 1/2 cup water (I was out of white wine, or I would have used that), the juice of one lemon, and about 1 T. of agave nectar (you could also use organic brown sugar) and 2 T. capers. Covered this with a lid and steamed just until fish was flaky and done.

Served the fish over brown and wild rice, pouring pan juices with capers evenly over both pieces.

Fish, Deelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment