Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blueberry Oat Bars




I love those little blueberry bars at Starbucks -- they are a "just right" treat; not too sweet and the oats make me feel like they are almost healthy, too!

So here's the recipe I made tonight. A big hit and really great served warm with vanilla ice cream. Meadow Gold had blueberry granola yogurt today, so I offered that alongside the bars as well.

Nothin' to it. And because you don't add any sugar to berries,very simple and not too sweet.

3/4 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
(optional 1/2 c. chopped pecans)
2 c. drained blueberries, fresh, frozen or a combo (I used a combo because it is what I had on hand.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar, mix in flour, salt until well blended, add oatmeal. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan: spread blueberries over the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal mixture. (Like a crumb topping) Bake @ 25minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment