Friday, December 23, 2011

Creamy Yellow Pepper Soup




This is my favorite soup ever! I first tasted it at the home of friend, Maxine Bland, in Florida. I adjusted it a bit to my taste and even my husband who doesn't like peppers loves this. A meal with cheesy garlic bread and sliced apples.





4 Roasted & Peeled & Chopped or Sauteed/Chopped Yellow Peppers (you can also toss in a red or orange pepper, the color will just be a bit deeper)



1 cooked (baked, boiled or nuked) sweet potato, peeled and rough-chopped



3 c. broth (vegie or chicken or combo)



1/2 onion




1 clove garlic



1 T. brown sugar



1/4 t. fresh grated nutmeg



Salt and Pepper to taste




1/4 c. cream





Into a blender, toss all the ingredients except salt & pepper, and cream. Blend until as smooth as you can get it and cook over medium, stirring, about 10 to 15 minutes until any raw onion and garlic taste is gone, and it is heated through. Add salt, pepper to taste and last of all, heavy cream. (You can use almond milk or half-and-half... but I must say, it is the real cream that takes this soup from good to divine.)






No comments:

Post a Comment