Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spiked Citrus Shrimp

'

Love Tex-Mex and even though dinner plans to eat out at a fave Mexican restaurant were cancelled, I couldn't stop the craving! So scrounging for something to fill the bill, I came up with tonight's colorful dinner,the star of which was a Spiked Citrus Shrimp that grilled up a beautiful caramel brown and were as tasty as any I've eaten at any fancy cafe!

Marinade for the Shrimp *serves 2-3

12 - 18 medium to large sized shrimp
Juice of one orange
Juice of one lemon or lime (I was out of limes but lemon worked fine)
1 large clove minced or pressed garlic
1/3 cup tequila
2 T. Triple Sec
Sprinkle all (very lightly)with Citrus or Lemon Pepper Grill Seasoning
A Good "squiggle" of Agave nectar

(Let sit for about 30 minutes, unless frozen, then marinate for about an hour. I like the raw, frozen, peeled, tail-on shrimp at Sams when I cannot get fresh.)

Grill on grill pan until just golden on both sides. Then pour marinade over all (in grill pan) and let it boil down just a bit.

Serve shrimp over wild rice, pouring a little of the cooked marinade over all. Wonderful with seasoned black beans and corn, with small sides of fresh guacamole, salsa, sour cream (I've been substituting 2% Greek Yogurt for sour cream -- it is delicious!) and tortilla chips. And a margarita to go with wouldn't hurt one bit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment